Gomes Could Return this Season- Silva
Everton boss Marco Silva has revealed that Portuguese midfielder Andre Gomes could play again this season.
Gomes, 26 suffered a fracture dislocation on Sunday during Everton’s Premier League 1-1 draw with Tottenham at the Goodison Park after a tackle from Heung-Min Son who was sent-off for the challenge.
He had surgery earlier in the week and Silva feels there is a chance the former Barcelona player could be back in action this season.
"Everything went really well and we hope we can see him playing again this season", said Silva.
"We all saw that moment and it looked like a really serious injury. Obviously, it is not something we can be 100% sure on but there are lots of positives."
"It's not easy for us to give an exact date of when he will return but in our mind, and the feedback from our medical staff, is that it is possible.”
Korean Son, who was sent-off for the challenge had his red card overturned by the Football Association on Tuesday.
Silva also revealed that he didn’t think Son had malicious intentions going into the tackle which launched Gomes into defender Serge Aurier.
“If you want to look at that moment, it was a strong tackle. I was the first one after the match to say for sure that Son didn't have bad intentions, but after it's for the referee to decide."
"The toughest moment was for Andre, but of course for the two players who were involved, first Son and after, Aurier, it was really tough as well.
"But now is a moment for us to understand the situation and most importantly, to give Andre all the support he needs at this moment”, said Silva.