Buhari Pre-election 2019 speech: 5 Things Nigerians must know
Buhari, through his speech reminds Nigerians of their dignity
President Muhammadu Buhari woke Nigerians up with a stirring speech on Friday, 22, 2019 and here below we got to know what is in the heart of the Nigerian president. In this write up you can see five things that Nigerians need to know from the speech made by Mr. President.
- The president believes that Nigerians are capable of lofty qualities such as patience, tolerance. He said: “It (voting) requires a combination of patience, tolerance, compassion, diligence, wisdom and hope. These traits exist in us the Nigerian people. Because of who we are, democracy has the chance to flourish in this land.
- He also believes that Nigerians are a peaceful people: “You proved them wrong by showing that you are a great people with an abiding love for peace, democracy and the unity of our country,” he said.
- The thought that “the Electoral Commission says it is ready and fully prepared to conduct the election in a free, fair and transparent manner,” shows that Mr. President believes that this presidential election will be truly free and fair, whereas, many Nigerians suspect foul play.
- Nigerians should not be afraid to go out to vote, terrified because of rumors or violence. “You will be able to vote in an atmosphere of openness and peace, devoid of fear from threat or intimidation,” Buhari declares.
- Nigerians still have rights that should be respected by anyone else; even the people in authority. This is why in his concluding comments, Buhari urges: “Honour your civic duty as voters by going to the polls tomorrow to vote for the government of your choice, for the government that will lead Nigeria toward its finest destiny.”