BREAKING: Lagos Bans Commercial Motorcycles In Six LGAs.
By Maureen Ogbolor
The Lagos State Government have imposed an outright ban on commercial motorcyclists, which comprises of Okada and Keke Maruwa from plying six local government areas in the state, effective from February 1st 2020.
State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu made the announcement today at a media briefing at Lagos House, Ikeja.
The affected local governments (LGs) and local council development areas (LCDAs) include:
- Apapa LG and Apapa Iganmu LCDA
- Lagos Mainland LG and Yaba LCDA
- Surulere LG, Itire-Ikate and Coker-Aguda LCDAs
- Ikeja LG, Onigbongbo and Ojodu LCDAs
- Eti-Osa LG, Ikoyi-Obalende and Iru/Victoria Island LCDAs
- Lagos Island LG and Lagos Island East LCDA
The decision is coming three weeks after the State Government hinted that it was working out modalities to guide their operations.