However, the state Police Command claimed that two bodies had been recovered from the affected communities.
Vanguard reported that the renewed crisis has led to the fleeing of many persons, while several houses, huts and farmlands have also been destroyed in the besieged communities.
According to a local in one of the affected communities, the crisis started early Sunday morning when some suspected armed herdsmen invaded Ikyoawen and four persons were reportedly killed and houses destroyed.
The local said: “After that attack, they moved into Nzaav and Alaba in Yaav council ward, where over 11 persons were hacked to death and several houses burnt down by the herdsmen.
“Though the affected communities have been deserted, we are still searching in the bushes for many missing persons, including women and children.
“We also realized that the attackers have occupied the sacked communities without resistance. As we speak, several of the houses are still on fire.”
Miyetti, police Reacting, the National Coordinator of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, Alhaji Garus Gololo, said he was not aware of the presence of herdsmen in the affected communities.
According to Gololo, “if anything is happening there, it would certainly be the handiwork of criminal elements, who are bent on frustrating the efforts of the government to ensure peaceful co-existence in the state.”
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Moses Yamu, confirmed the attacks and said that two bodies had been recovered.
Yamu said: “We heard that Alaba and Mande Ordue communities in Yaav council ward of Kwande council were under attack by suspected herdsmen.
“Mobile policemen have been deployed to the area as two persons, including 65-year-old Keemo Anumen and 46-year-old Tervershima Dado, have so far been confirmed dead and their corpses deposited at the NKST morgue in Jato Aka.”